Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Etsy Bloggers Street Team : Blog Carnival : Get Ready for the Holidays : Recipe!




I absolutely love baking and usually have something yummy and delicious around for a snack! I also have dreams of owning my own cupcake store. But cookies are deliciously too, so I thought I'd share my secret family recipe for chocolate chip cookies for this weeks Blog Carnival: Aunt Mary's Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

Aunt Mary's World Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Mix wet ingredients together:

1 cup shortening
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat & add 2 Eggs

Sift dry ingredients together then Add to Wet Mix above:

2 cups floor
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt

Add as many chocolate chips to mix as desired!

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet @ 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes


I generally mix the wet ingredients together with a hand mixer, then sift together the dry ingredients, stir dry mix into the wet ingredients, then blend with a mixer again. If you bake the cookies around 10 minutes and take them out they'll be soft and chewy, if leaving them in for the full 12 minutes they will turn out crisp and crunchy!

(Tip: If you don't have one of those ice cream scoops, you should really get one - I think my Moms stole the idea from Martha but its super handy for cookie dough, cupcake batter!, and all sorts of things other than ice cream!)

3 comments:

A Keeper's Jackpot said...

Yum! I'd rather bake than cook anyday!

Anonymous said...

I am seeing a tall glass of icy cold milk, and my mouth is watering! They smell so good...do you sell them on Etsy...LOL ((((she licks her lips))))

~Lily

HMaas said...

Can't wait to try these!!! I've bookmarked your blog - yeah!!